Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 45 - 54 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
CITYNET WANTS FRONTIER INVESTIGATED COMPANT ACCUSED OF STIFLING COMPETITION
fiber. "It is unfortunate that Frontier refuses to honor and abide by its contractual commitments and continues to take whatever steps necessary to prevent competition from other carriers, Martin said. "It is because of these practices,
Published: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
STATE RUNS FIBER TO EMPTY SITE
- regional planning councils. As part of the grant, each site receives a $22,600 Cisco 3945 series router and fiber optic connection. The "enterprise-class" routers were designed to serve research universities, medical centers and large...
Published: Monday, June 25, 2012
NEARLY 70 STIMULUS-FUNDED ROUTERS UNUSED STATE OFFICIALS SEARCHING FOR SITES TO PUT HIGH-PRICED DEVICES
- network to another. The state audit and a previous federal audit, determined the state could have purchased smaller, less expensive routers for hundreds of sites. In response, Tomblin directed state officials to reconsider where they've...
Published: Thursday, June 06, 2013
SITES PICKED TO GET ROUTERS
- jobs program center in Charleston as possible sites scheduled to receive $22,600 Internet routers paid for by President Obama's economic stimulus package. The state's application for the federal stimulus funds specified the money be...
Published: Friday, July 13, 2012
BROADBAND DISCUSSION MUZZLED COUNCIL FORBIDDEN TO TALK ABOUT PROJECT BY TOMBLIN ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL
- to give out another $2 million this year. Fisher said current grant recipients and companies that plan to apply for state funds want to know whether their broadband projects could connect to the stimulus-funded statewide fiber network....
Published: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
W.VA. AT RISK OF LOSING $2.5M IN STIMULUS FUNDS
- the feds don't approve the Citynet project, the $1.4 million Cisco credit would be used for equipment unrelated to broadband, Martin said. The excess funds for the Citynet project would come from a $126.3 million federal grant that...
Published: Sunday, January 05, 2014
FEDS BEGIN PROBE OF STIMULUS SPENDING
- county courthouses, 911 centers, health-care clinics and state agencies. State officials have used $24 million from the grant to purchase Internet routers. The Gazette has reported that the Cisco 3945 series were built to serve a minimum...
Published: Thursday, July 19, 2012
$1.26M STIMULUS GRANT SON PAID VIA FUNDS HOMELAND SECURITY CHIEF ADMINISTERS STATE OK'D ARRANGEMENT, GIANATO SAYS
- chairmen of two congressional subcommittees have questioned Jimmy Gianato about the state's decision to purchase more than 1,000 "enterprise-class" Internet routers with the stimulus funds. Gianato has defended the purchase. Reach Eric...
Published: Sunday, September 02, 2012
ROUTERS WON'T STOP FIBER, FRONTIER SAYS
- in storage - nearly two years after the state purchased the equipment with $24 million in federal stimulus funds. The routers cost $22,600 each. The Gazette also reported that state officials were putting the pricey routers in small...
Published: Thursday, May 10, 2012
STATE FIBER-OPTIC DISCONNECT LIBRARIES CAN'T USE STIMULUS-FUNDED NETWORK
- connection. Thorne adjusts the library’s new Internet router, which is connected to a slow T1 line. The state purchased the $22,600 routers for libraries using federal stimulus funds. kenny kemp | Gazette Stimulus-funded fiber-optic...
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012