Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 6 - 15 of about 14,195 matching the query, best matches first.
CONSOL TO PAY $400,000 IN FINES FOR WATER VIOLATIONS
- agreements on the agency's Internet site. The public notices say to contact Zeto's office at 926-0470 for more information. Reach Ken Ward Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Conditions added to Massey permit
- Mine Board required to be set up in escrow will be used to pay the residents' water bills until that time." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, November 14, 2001
Coal problems West Virginia spotlight
- the issue isn't just a local concern. Others in America worry about West Virginia's people. Gazette reporters Paul Nyden and Ken Ward Jr. have written scores of articles about pollution violations, fines and lawsuits involving Massey's...
Published: Friday, May 24, 2002
Massey agrees to suspension of permit, will not shut down
- The companies pleaded guilty and, in March 2003, agreed to pay the maximum fine of $200,000 each. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Criminal probe ongoing in Massey dam failure
- subsidiaries, Omar Mining and Independence Coal, agreed to pay a combined $400,000 in fines after they pleaded guilty to criminal Clean Water Act violations. In the Martin County matter, Massey in 2002 agreed to pay $3.25 million in...
Published: Wednesday, May 12, 2004
Arch Coal told to provide public water for residents
- damages to residents of the communities along Duncan Fork, Ooten Branch and Riffe Branch north of Williamson. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use email or call 348-1702....
Published: Saturday, September 10, 2005
Massey mine floods after breakthrough
- these operations are not expected to achieve normal production levels until early May," Massey said. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Saturday, April 28, 2001
Water lawsuits against Massey going to trial
- have not been quantified." Richmond, Va.-based Massey is holding its annual meeting today in Charleston. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Tuesday, May 18, 2004
FOUNDATION COAL HIT WITH POLLUTION FINE
- or citizen group lawsuits. Industry officials have said they began approaching the DEP to negotiate such settlements after Massey Energy paid a record $20 million to settle a water pollution lawsuit brought against it by the U.S. Environmental...
Published: Saturday, November 22, 2008
MSHA ignores real cause of Martin County, Ky., coal dam
- appear determined to bury and discredit that report. The Triad study has not been officially released, though Gazette reporter Ken Ward Jr. managed to get his hands on a copy. The report, based on detailed drillings and analysis, found...
Published: Friday, October 19, 2001