Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 99 matching the query, best matches first.
FACTS WRONG ABOUT LEGISLATION GROUP
- Editor: Had Gazette investigative reporter Paul J. Nyden researched his facts a bit more meticulously for his March 27 "analysis" of state Sen. Joe Manchin's views on right-to-work laws, the entire piece would not be tainted because...
Published: Wednesday, April 24, 1996
- The truth costs too much for the Gazette Editor: On Sunday, so-called investigative reporter Paul Nyden reported that I was receiving $150,000 salary from coal companies. That is a lie! If Nyden had really "investigated," he would...
Published: Saturday, January 06, 1996
COAL OUTRAGE FAT CATS DUCK MILLIONS
- DURING THE past month, costly ripoffs in West Virginia's coal industry were listed by investigative reporter Paul Nyden. He spelled out how some wealthy operators lived like kings while evading multimillion-dollar debts for health...
Published: Thursday, January 04, 1996
CABLE VISION RIDING STATE'S TRAMWAYS
- Nest state parks. There is a lot to be said for the aerial descents by cable car into the New River Gorge at Hawks Nest and Bluestone Gorge at Pipestem. The views are great, and the rides are exciting. But the adventure is only beginning...
Published: Friday, June 14, 1996
- Men owed apology for false reporting Editor: In last Sunday's Gazette-Mail, Paul Nyden falsely linked two individuals to illegal activities. Although your paper corrected these errors on Tuesday, Harold Osborne and Joby Fields still...
Published: Sunday, November 24, 1996
COURTS PROTECT COAL OPERATORS
- Editor: This letter is in response to an article written by Paul Nyden in the March 4 Gazette. Nyden writes that 10 years ago, Kanawha Circuit Judge Margaret Workman issued an injunction on the Department of Mines. The injunction prohibited...
Published: Wednesday, March 20, 1996
- Contrary to Paul Nyden's sensationalized report in the Aug. 14 Gazette, Darrell McGraw had nothing to do with my decision, and Nyden knows that. When I received the contract, I asked our management committee if the attorney general's...
Published: Saturday, August 17, 1996
DIALYSIS PATIENT TOO DEEP IN GORGE
- Rescuers rappelled down a cliff wall into Bluestone Gorge early Monday, a welcome sight to a kidney dialysis patient who had to be left behind following a Sunday hike. "I could see them across the river about a quarter to 6," said...
Published: Tuesday, March 26, 1996
GAZETTE UNFAIR IN MCBRIDE STORIES
- Editor: Regular readers of The Charleston Gazette cannot help but notice that reporters Fanny Seiler, Paul Nyden and contributing columnist James Toler appear to have a vendetta against gubernatorial candidate Jon McBride. At every...
Published: Monday, April 22, 1996
COAL COSTS CHART INACCURATE
- Editor: This is in response to your article "Does coal pay its fair share" by Paul Nyden in your June 9 paper. The chart labeled "Unmined coal costs" in Nyden's article is misleading. The column labeled "Tax Department appraisal per...
Published: Sunday, June 16, 1996