Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 91 - 100 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
CITYNET AD BLITZ BLASTS ADMINISTRATION PLANS FOR BROADBAND FUTURE
to explain the company's opposition to the state's use of $126 million in federal stimulus funds to expand high-speed Internet in West Virginia. Citynet has asked federal officials to suspend the broadband grant, saying Gov. Joe Manchin's
Published: Tuesday, October 26, 2010
CAPITAL RESOURCE AGENCY WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM HIT WITH FRAUD ALLEGATIONS
- energy efficient with improvements such as insulation and better windows. GOEO handles federal grants that end up at West Virginia's 16 community action agencies, which are supposed to help low-income residents with anti-poverty programs....
Published: Sunday, April 04, 2010
COUNCIL TO HEAR BROADBAND GRANT DISPUTE
- what's going on." Council members voted unanimously to allow executives from Citynet and Frontier, the state's grant partner, to speak Dec. 15 about how the state is spending the stimulus funds. Each side will get 20 minutes at the...
Published: Thursday, November 18, 2010
INTERNET ACCESS CITYNET PITCHES VIRGINIA MODEL HIGH-SPEED PLAN HAS $2B IMPACT
- markets. They built it and demonstrated it works." For months, Citynet executives have railed against the state's use of $126 million in federal stimulus funds to bring broadband to health-care facilities, schools, libraries and other...
Published: Friday, January 07, 2011
FEDERAL BROADBAND GRANT STATE SEEKS IDEAS FOR $9M IN EXCESS FUNDS
- facilities already had fiber connections. The U.S. Office of the Inspector General is reviewing West Virginia's use of the $126.3 million. State officials said the $9 million could be split among several projects. The state plans to...
Published: Tuesday, October 09, 2012
FEDERAL STIMULUS MONEY TELECOMS VIE FOR INTERNET FUNDS $9M STILL AVAILABLE TO EXPAND ACCESS TO BROADBAND IN MOUNTAIN STATE
- the word about the advantages of high-speed Internet service. Bridgeport-based Citynet, which set up a website criticizing the state's use of the stimulus funds, submitted the "iBus" proposal this week. Citynet also would use the stimulus...
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012
EMERGENCY SERVICES $33M TOWER PROJECT TO GO ONLINE JUNE 30 UPGRADE NEARLY DOUBLES NETWORK'S CAPACITY
- director with state Office of Emergency Medical Services. West Virginia's application for the stimulus funds says that commercial telecommunication providers will be able to tap into the tower network for the first time, and use the...
Published: Sunday, December 23, 2012
BROADBAND PSC STAFF BEGINS FRONTIER INQUIRY COMPANY ACCUSED OF TRYING TO BLOCK W.VA. COMPETITION
- that aimed to expand high-speed Internet in West Virginia. Frontier used the federal funds to construct more than 550 miles of fiber. In 2010, state officials promised a 2,400-mile fiber network. The PSC has asked Frontier to provide...
Published: Thursday, September 04, 2014
CLOSE TO THE VEST STRAW-MAN APPROACH TO STATE PROPERTY PURCHASES SUGGESTED
- for properties." In the case of the Greenbrooke Building, the division's senior appraiser valued the building at $14.5 million. "The state uses the appraised value as the ceiling for the cost of acquiring property," Holley-Brown said....
Published: Sunday, March 21, 2010
BROADBAND STATE OFFICIALS DRAW UP PLAN TO FINISH INTERNET EXPANSION
- State officials have drawn up a plan to get caught up on a $126.3 million federal stimulus project designed to expand high-speed Internet across West Virginia. Gov.-elect Earl Ray Tomblin's office will submit the broadband project...
Published: Tuesday, October 25, 2011