Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 21 - 30 of about 1,270 matching the query, best matches first.
Tiptoe in the tulips, in the daisies ... Flowery footwear
- with vinyl shoes in bright colors a few years ago. And on the international fashion scene, it started with the influential European design house of Prada and its less pricey offspring Miu Miu. Others took note and jumped into the parade....
Published: Sunday, July 30, 2000
Princess bride Pulling out all the stops for that whole
- the whirlwind romance of it all. He's everything I ever wished for and thought I could never have. We're so suited to each other, it's almost scary. He treats me like Cinderella." Cinderella leanings One recent Friday afternoon, Toya...
Published: Sunday, September 24, 2000
Mansions dot Bramwell, one-time home of the millionaires
- Still, the grand Victorian homes of yesteryear remain. "When you go into the town of Bramwell, it's like stepping back in time," says Beverly Wellman, director of the Mercer County Convention and Visitors Bureau. Built on one of the...
Published: Sunday, January 02, 2000
A FAIR WEDDING Getting the lowdown on the big day from
- both upstairs and down, where a variety of exhibitors plied their wares. Appropriately clad in a black tuxedo-style ensemble, mall advertising/marketing director Lisa McCracken announced the afternoon's speaking lineup and then handed...
Published: Wednesday, February 02, 2000
Garden centers offer hot new items Facilities have
- Spring hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10 to 5 Sunday. Annuals, perennials, shrubs, ornamental grasses, trees, water plants. Garden supplies include tools, pots, fertilizers, pesticides, garden gloves and clogs, trellises,...
Published: Sunday, March 05, 2000
To the last detail Focusing on 'the little things,'
- Since then, she's been the force behind developments such as the Capitol Market, KB&T renovations, WesBanco on Tennessee Avenue, and 126 Capitol St., home of The Peanut Shoppe. Brooks McCabe receives public praise for buying and renovating...
Published: Monday, November 13, 2000
Oglebay Park State's northern resort thrives in a highly
- buses every year. "Oglebay's come a long way, especially for a small state like West Virginia," says Bruno Grampa of Moundsville, accompanying his two sons on a recent outing for altar boys. "I've watched it grow since I was a child,"...
Published: Sunday, June 25, 2000
Assignment West Virginia Barbour County 36TH IN THE
- if it were not for two things. She knows more about different grades of granite than anyone but a geologist should. And she's already designed her own tombstone. A simple slab of Indian red granite, with her photograph embedded in porcelain...
Published: Sunday, September 03, 2000
A fond farewell to Ken Faerber
- home." He gave me a ride. Ken's highest compliment came after one dreadfully serious guy, who often wrote about coal, asked for a public relations job. "He wants to defend me against the junk you put in the newspaper," Ken told me....
Published: Saturday, June 03, 2000
- I'm now trying to duplicate that success with David Austin's new English roses. There is perhaps nothing more beautiful in the home garden than Austin's Graham Thomas rose, especially as the golden bud tinged with red begins to open...
Published: Sunday, March 19, 2000