Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 31 - 40 of about 2,815 matching the query, best matches first.
STATEHOUSE BEAT BEST AND WORST OF CAMPAIGN
- bigoted, uneducated and ignorant. (The most scathing, though admittedly hilarious, of which was Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" commentary on Wednesday.) West Virginia Public Broadcasting's Web site briefly featured a blog Friday for...
Published: Sunday, May 18, 2008
STATEHOUSE BEAT UNGER'S EXIT TO REALITY
- who hadn't yet secured the party's nomination? Manchin introduced Unger at at least two fundraisers, and the party gave him a prominent speaking role at the Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner featuring Bill Clinton. nnn One bit of good news...
Published: Sunday, February 03, 2008
CLINTON IN CHARLESTON TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ GETS BIGGEST CHEER FROM CAPITAL CROWD
- Sen. Barack Obama are locked in a tight primary election contest that has finally come to West Virginia. The state's May 13 election date usually assures that both major political parties have already selected their nominees prior to...
Published: Thursday, March 20, 2008
CLINTON, OBAMA AND THE 4 F'S BREAKING DOWN THE W.VA. PRIMARY
- can expect more family visits in the weeks before the May 13 primary. If endorsements constitute the extended family in West Virginia politics, Obama can point to the support of U.S. Sen. Jay Rockefeller and Rep. Nick Rahall, while...
Published: Wednesday, April 23, 2008
OBAMA TALKS JOBS, TAX BREAKS
- like Hillary Rodham Clinton in the waning days of her primary campaign. The former first lady defeated Obama in eight of the last 13 primaries using populist language that strongly resonated with rural and working-class voters. Gov....
Published: Thursday, August 21, 2008
- n They keep saying that the economy was so good during Clinton. What they fail to say is that was during the dot-com era. The dot-com era crashed and people lost their jobs. n If Gov. Joe Manchin is so concerned about the due process...
Published: Friday, September 12, 2008
GOVERNOR RACES MAY INFLUENCE RESULTS OF PRESIDENTIAL CONTEST
- often play a bigger role than the federal government in how Americans live their lives, particularly in areas such as health care and schools. With their homegrown fundraising machinery and grassroots organizing, governors can also...
Published: Tuesday, July 15, 2008
TEPID WEAK DEMOCRATS
- chairman Nick Casey and other top West Virginia Democrats - as well as labor unions - doing so little to help the Barack Obama presidential effort? They're mostly silent, inactive, as if they're uninterested. The governor was extremely...
Published: Thursday, September 25, 2008
- voting in Sen. Clinton's favor, Rep. Rahall and Sen. Rockefeller endorsed Sen. Obama far before West Virginia voters were heard Tuesday. It's hypocritical that they readily accept the voice of the people to keep their congressional...
Published: Tuesday, May 20, 2008
JEFFERSON-JACKSON DAY DINNER VA. GOVERNOR PRAISES OBAMA AT DEMOCRATIC FUNDRAISER
- Manchin said. This year's crowd at the annual dinner was far smaller than the last few. About 1,500 people bought tickets, said state Democratic chairman Nick Casey. When Obama spoke at the 2006 dinner, about 2,200 people attended....
Published: Sunday, September 21, 2008