Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 101 - 110 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
FRONTIER: CITYNET SEEKS REVENGE WITH LAWSUIT
Claims Act, is out for revenge because the federal government rejected Citynet's proposed broadband project in 2010 - and instead awarded funds to the state of West Virginia and Frontier. "Frontier's motion to dismiss explains the fatal
Published: Tuesday, August 30, 2016
CITYNET COMBS BROADBAND RECORDS COMPANY BELIEVES STATE IS IMPROPERLY USING STIMULUS FUNDS
- by the NTIA. It was the only grant awarded that's meant to serve an entire state. Bridgeport-based Citynet applied for $34 million in stimulus funds to build a "middle-mile" network, but it's application was rejected. Martin has said...
Published: Thursday, September 30, 2010
PERDUE AIDE VOTED ON GRANT RULES MASON OFFICIALS WILL MEET WITH FEDS TODAY
- selection criteria" used by agency staff to choose projects and distribute $18.3 million in federal stimulus funds last year. At a Sept. 28, 2010, meeting, Housing Development Fund board members first voted to award a $256,000 loan...
Published: Thursday, November 03, 2011
FRONTIER: $690K TO BROADBAND RIVAL `IS NOT APPROPRIATE' OK'D PROJECT DUPLICATES EXISTING NETWORK
- connect those rings and enable broadband expansion in the area. Earlier this year, the Broadband Deployment Council awarded more than $717,000 in state funds to Citynet for a project that would expand high-speed Internet at Snowshoe...
Published: Thursday, July 24, 2014
CITYNET DENIES VENDETTA, INTENSIFIES ATTACK ON FRONTIER
- to dismiss the case, saying West Virginia's high-speed internet project was a disaster from the get-go. On their application for federal funds, state officials misrepresented to the federal government the type of broadband network Frontier...
Published: Monday, September 26, 2016
COMMUNICATIONS FEDS REJECT ALLEGATIONS BY CITYNET AGAINST GRANT
- said the project will expand broadband to more than 1,000 "anchor institutions," such as schools, libraries, government offices and public safety agencies. The project also will include "interconnection points" from which Citynet and...
Published: Thursday, December 02, 2010
PAULEY TAKING DEVELOPER FEE DURING PROBE BUSINESSMAN'S REAL-ESTATE DEALINGS WITH TREASURER PERDUE INVESTIGATED
- fee was 14 percent of the Milton Place project's total cost. In December 2010, the West Virginia Housing Development Fund distributed more than $18 million in stimulus grants to 11 low-income projects across the state. Last Wednesday,...
Published: Tuesday, December 27, 2011
RADIO TOWER REPAIRS AFTER DERECHO AUDITOR REVIEWS NO-BID CONTRACTS GONZALEZ SIGNED
- director Joe Gonzalez circumvented purchasing rules and ignored a directive to halt construction of towers being built by Premier with federal stimulus funds. Legislative Auditor Aaron Allred has directed the state Department of Health...
Published: Tuesday, October 01, 2013
HIGH-SPEED INTERNET GOES HAS DELIBERATELY CANCELED BROADBAND MEETINGS, CITYNET SAYS
- On Oct. 6, Martin sent a letter to federal officials asking them to suspend the $126 million broadband grant. He also has filed a protest letter with the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, which distributes...
Published: Tuesday, October 19, 2010
HOUSING FUND DIRECTOR RETIRES AMID INVESTIGATION, HATFIELD ENDS 38-YEAR CAREER WITH AGENCY
- Tuesday whether Hatfield was present at any of those meetings. Earlier this month, the Gazette requested the same documents under the state Freedom of Information Act, but Housing Development Fund officials refused to release letters...
Published: Wednesday, November 23, 2011