Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 51 - 60 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
FEDS BEGIN PROBE OF STIMULUS SPENDING
- county courthouses, 911 centers, health-care clinics and state agencies. State officials have used $24 million from the grant to purchase Internet routers. The Gazette has reported that the Cisco 3945 series were built to serve a minimum...
Published: Thursday, July 19, 2012
$1.26M STIMULUS GRANT SON PAID VIA FUNDS HOMELAND SECURITY CHIEF ADMINISTERS STATE OK'D ARRANGEMENT, GIANATO SAYS
- chairmen of two congressional subcommittees have questioned Jimmy Gianato about the state's decision to purchase more than 1,000 "enterprise-class" Internet routers with the stimulus funds. Gianato has defended the purchase. Reach Eric...
Published: Sunday, September 02, 2012
ROUTERS WON'T STOP FIBER, FRONTIER SAYS
- in storage - nearly two years after the state purchased the equipment with $24 million in federal stimulus funds. The routers cost $22,600 each. The Gazette also reported that state officials were putting the pricey routers in small...
Published: Thursday, May 10, 2012
STATE FIBER-OPTIC DISCONNECT LIBRARIES CAN'T USE STIMULUS-FUNDED NETWORK
- connection. Thorne adjusts the library’s new Internet router, which is connected to a slow T1 line. The state purchased the $22,600 routers for libraries using federal stimulus funds. kenny kemp | Gazette Stimulus-funded fiber-optic...
Published: Monday, December 10, 2012
STATE BROADBAND INTERNET ROUTERS UNUSED 366 REMAIN IN STORAGE AROUND STATE
- Nearly two years after state officials used federal stimulus money to buy $24 million worth of Internet routers, 366 of the devices remain boxed up at storage sites in West Virginia. State officials purchased the routers in July 2010...
Published: Monday, May 07, 2012
BROADBAND CONSULTANT EARNS $732K W.VA. HIGH-SPEED INTERNET EXPANSION PROJECT MANAGER RESIDES IN COLORADO
- state's use of the stimulus funds. Rios has traveled from his Colorado home to West Virginia 47 times since being hired in the summer of 2010, state officials said. Rios manages the state's "master project plan," which includes 100,000...
Published: Monday, November 26, 2012
CITYNET ASKS FOR AUDIT OF FIBER NETWORK FRONTIER BILLED W.VA. NEARLY DOUBLE WHAT IT SHOULD COST, COMPETITOR SAYS
- was reviewing the fiber construction project. Earlier this year, the Legislative Auditor released scathing reports about the state's use of federal stimulus funds to buy oversize Internet routers and build an emergency communications...
Published: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
STATE COULD SEE UP TO $40M IN UNSPENT BROADBAND STIMULUS FUNDS
- criticized the state for not using the federal grant for such a network. State officials have rejected his proposal. To date, the state has used the stimulus funds to bring fiber optic cable to 12 locations - mostly libraries and fire...
Published: Thursday, July 14, 2011
SANDY MAY DELAY BROADBAND
- and "had no information on the scope of the damage." In 2010, West Virginia received $126.3 million in federal stimulus funds primarily to buy routers and bring fiber-optic cable to more than 1,000 "community anchor institutions" -...
Published: Thursday, December 06, 2012
FRONTIER: REDEFINING NET SPEED A WASTE
- the state wasted up to $15 million in federal stimulus funds used to buy oversize Internet routers for hundreds of government facilities. The high-capacity devices were installed at sites with only a few Internet connections. The Broadband...
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013