Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 71 - 80 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
HIGH-SPEED INTERNET BROADBAND COUNCIL’S GRANTS SNUB CRITICIZED PROMOTION PROJECTS DENIED FUNDING
The council paid a Pennsylvania consulting group, L.R. Kimball, to score and rank project applications. Future Generations requested more than $900,000 for four projects that would encourage people to sign up for broadband in Southern
Published: Friday, December 14, 2012
$55 MILLION FRONTIER'S STIMULUS REQUEST GOES UNFUNDED MONEY WAS INTENDED TO EXPAND BROADBAND
- In hearings and filings last month, Frontier officials urged the state Public Service Commission to approve its plans to purchase more than 617,000 Verizon telephone access lines in West Virginia, so Frontier could secure federal stimulus...
Published: Sunday, February 07, 2010
CITYNET WANTS STIMULUS GRANT SUSPENDED WEST VIRGINIA’S $126M BROADBAND PLAN CALLED ‘A COMPLETE WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY’
- to follow all rules of the grant and will continue to proceed as planned," said Manchin spokeswoman Jama Jarrett. Citynet first challenged the state's use of the stimulus money last summer in a protest letter to the National Telecommunications...
Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010
HIGH-SPEED INTERNET COSTS STATE DEMANDS ANSWERS FROM FRONTIER
- have dogged a statewide high-speed Internet expansion project paid for by the federal stimulus. Frontier Communications charged the state about $62,000 per mile to run fiber-optic cable to public facilities across the state. On Sunday...
Published: Monday, January 06, 2014
FRONTIER WON'T RETURN $4.7M IN BROADBAND MONEY TO FEDS
- federal government says West Virginia overpaid the company as part of a statewide project to expand high-speed internet, Frontier told state government officials this week. A federal agency recently ordered the state to return the misspent...
Published: Friday, October 13, 2017
CITYNET: BROADBAND REVIEW WAS 'FLAWED'
- repeated allegations that state Commerce Secretary Kelley Goes and Homeland Security Director Jimmy Gianato weren't spending the federal stimulus funds as the grant stipulated. On Monday, Martin called the federal agency's findings...
Published: Tuesday, December 07, 2010
FEDS ORDER STATE TO PAY BACK $4.7M
- Diane Holley-Brown, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Administration. In 2010, the federal government awarded West Virginia $126.3 million in stimulus funds to expand high-speed internet to schools, libraries, health clinics...
Published: Sunday, October 08, 2017
STATEWIDE BROADBAND PROJECT'S FIBER COSTS TRIPLE
- stimulus, according to a report. State officials estimated the fiber network for schools, libraries, health clinics and government buildings would cost $17,000 per mile. But the state is spending $47,500 per mile for fiber construction....
Published: Sunday, June 16, 2013
COUNCIL TO DISTRIBUTE $4.4M IN BROADBAND GRANTS NEXT YEAR
- hasn't always been the case. Last year, grant program discussions stalled while council members debated the state's use of a $126 million in federal stimulus funds being used to expand broadband to schools, libraries, state agencies,...
Published: Thursday, June 16, 2011
RURAL BROADBAND BILL ADVANCES
- network that Internet providers could tap into. The companies would still have to build their own fiber lines to customer homes. The new network would cost about $78 million and provide faster Internet speeds and new service to rural...
Published: Thursday, February 19, 2015