Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 3 - 12 of about 632 matching the query, best matches first.
ICG NEVER REQUESTED TRANSFER OF PERMIT FOR SAGO OPERATION
- did not return a phone call Thursday. Staff writers Scott Finn and Eric Eyre contributed to this report. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, January 06, 2006
ICG MISLED INVESTORS, UNION SAYS AFL-CIO OFFICIAL SENDS COMPLAINT LETTER TO FEDERAL COMMISSION
- urged the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate and take action against ICG and its founder, New York billionaire Wilbur L. Ross Jr. Trumka alleged ICG wrongly claimed in its initial public offering for stock purchasers...
Published: Thursday, January 26, 2006
SAGO, ARACOMA GET MORE SAFETY CITATIONS
- Upshur County. Two miners died in a Jan. 19 fire at the Aracoma Alma No. 1 Mine near Melville, Logan County. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Thursday, February 16, 2006
MCCLOY, TWO FAMILIES SUE LAWSUITS ALLEGE LAX SAFETY PRACTICES LED TO SAGO BLAST
- suits state that ICG was formed by New York venture capitalist Wilbur Ross. "Despite no previous experience in the coal industry, Wilbur Ross and other investors formed ICG in an attempt to take advantage of the rising price of coal...
Published: Thursday, August 24, 2006
COAL MINER TO DIE ON THE JOB IN WEST VIRGINIA WAS KILLED WEDNESDAY WHILE OPERATING A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT IN AN INTERNATIONAL COAL GROUP MINE IN HARRISONMAN WAS OPERATING EQUIPMENT AT ICG MINE
- Beckley and Grafton expected to contribute to those numbers. The Associated Press contributed to this report. To contact staff writers Ken Ward or Dave Gustafson, use e-mail or call 348-5100....
Published: Thursday, May 25, 2006
RESCUE ATTEMPT GOT CLOSE TO MINERS CO-WORKERS TRIED TO REACH TRAPPED MEN
- of toxic gases for investigators to enter within four to seven days, Hatfield said. To contact staff writers Tara Tuckwiller or Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-5189 or 348-1702....
Published: Thursday, January 12, 2006
MINE DID NOT CHECK EX-FOREMAN'S RECORD
- Tony Oppegard, a former chief mine safety prosecutor in Kentucky. "What does that say about your safety program?" To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Friday, February 24, 2006
U.S. JURY INDICTS EX-SAGO MINE FOREMAN VIOLATIONS ALLEGEDLY OCCURRED MORE THAN YEAR BEFORE DISASTER
- probe of a 1999 roof fall that killed miner Jack White. Staff writer Dave Gustafson contributed to this report. To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Wednesday, February 22, 2006
ICG SAFETY IN W.VA. POOR FOREMAN OF ANKER OPERATION WAS JAILED FOR LYING TO MSHA
- that miner's arm was ripped off . that hit home. They need to be reminded of how to do the job right." To contact staff writer Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-1702....
Published: Saturday, January 14, 2006
GAS WELLS NEAR MINE SAGO MAP SHOWS ONE WELL NEXT TO POSSIBLE BLAST SITE
- coal mines and for issuing new regulations if they are needed to improve safety. To contact staff writers Paul J. Nyden and Ken Ward Jr., use e-mail or call 348-5164 or 348-1702....
Published: Friday, January 13, 2006