Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 51 - 60 of about 1,270 matching the query, best matches first.
Rustic Rails craft shop opens in Marmet Clendenin crafters
- METRO STAFF It may be the only craft shop/auto parts business in the state. About two weeks ago, Jodi Thacker opened Rustic Rails, a shop in Marmet that specializes in West Virginia-made crafts. It's under the same roof as her husband's...
Published: Thursday, September 28, 2000
Synfuel tax credits continuing to grow Although credits
- disrupt coal prices, public officials not stirred to action By Paul J. Nyden email@example.com Coal-based synthetic fuel tax credits may soon total $1 billion, most generated by production facilities in central Appalachia. The...
Published: Sunday, September 24, 2000
GARENSCAPE Hello, dahlia The work will have been worth
- always in August, I've seen gorgeous dahlias in bloom, especially the tall varieties that have enormous blossoms. At the flower markets in Seattle, cut dahlias were for sale in all the colors of the rainbow. "It's so easy out here,"...
Published: Sunday, September 17, 2000
- Teays Valley shop damaged in fire TEAYS VALLEY - A fire broke out in a picture frame shop Saturday afternoon, but firefighters were able to contain the blaze. Lt. Jay Albright of the Teays Valley Volunteer Fire Department said they...
Published: Monday, January 10, 2000
Belle hairdresser celebrates 25 years in business
- tend to customers' hair at Phyllis' Hair Boutique in Belle, a task she's been doing since 1975 at her 123 West Gardner Ave. shop. But her proud daughter, Stephanie Woods, won't let her mother's silver anniversary go unnoticed. And Harrison...
Published: Thursday, August 03, 2000
Wasteful spending Building roads to nowhere
- then-Transportation Secretary Fred VanKirk said no additional U.S. matching money would be available. Reporter Paul J. Nyden confirmed Sunday that VanKirk was right. The $440 million in bonds sold so far has pulled down a mere $159,181...
Published: Wednesday, July 26, 2000
'She was screaming' Belle murder jury told
- firstname.lastname@example.org Perched on a rooftop, a Belle teen rained bullets on a local beauty shop owner with a high-powered rifle in a half-baked and deadly robbery plan, his alleged, 15-year-old accomplice testified Thursday. "She was...
Published: Friday, July 21, 2000
Man on trial in murder of hair stylist Alleged accomplice
- Joan C. "Joanie" Moore was excited. It was a little after midnight on Aug. 21, 1999, and she was still at her Belle beauty shop, Joanie's Dazzling Designs. But she was leaving for a Caribbean cruise later that morning with her boyfriend...
Published: Thursday, July 20, 2000
The Cheese Shop to reopen under new owners King of
- email@example.com A glass of wine without a piece of cheese? No way, said the owners of The Wine Shop at the Capitol Market. That's why when the former owners of The Cheese Shop closed their doors last month at the market, The Wine...
Published: Monday, May 08, 2000
Teays Valley retailer casts wide net Store offers
- catching customers and trout. "Hopefully I'll never have to put the degree to use," said Skeen, who at age 24 manages a fly shop and organizes fly-fishing schools. "My focus is retailing," Skeen said as he stood behind the counter at...
Published: Sunday, March 05, 2000