Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 81 - 90 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
FEDS APPROVE STATE'S $126.3M BROADBAND CATCH-UP PLAN
- The state must finish the project by February 2013 or risk losing unspent funds. West Virginia was award the $126.3 million in federal stimulus money in 2010. The state is using the bulk of the grant funds to bring high-speed Internet...
Published: Tuesday, December 06, 2011
FRONTIER WANTS CITYNET COMPLAINT THROWN OUT
- Citynet never agreed to pay for them. Citynet and Frontier have been at odds for years. Citynet CEO Jim Martin has accused Frontier of using federal stimulus funds to build a high-speed Internet network in West Virginia that solely...
Published: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
BROADBAND CHALLENGE STATE SHOULD BOLSTER HIGH-SPEED EFFORTS, REPORT SAYS
- would benefit. Citynet wants the state to build a "middle-mile" broadband network that the company and other telecommunications providers could tap into. The state is constructing a "last-mile" network that will be owned and operated...
Published: Sunday, February 27, 2011
SPEED MATTERS 45 PERCENT OF WEST VIRGINIANS HAVE INTERNET SPEEDS BELOW THE FEDERAL STANDARD
- to expand the network and build out is the right way to go." Citynet, a Frontier competitor, has opposed the state's use of the $126 million in stimulus funds. Citynet CEO Jim Martin has said that the state's broadband network would...
Published: Sunday, December 26, 2010
BROADBAND PANELIST RESIGNS SEAT
- as an out-of-state resident. For months, Friloux and Martin have assailed state officials for their use of $126.3 million in federal stimulus funds to bring broadband to health-care facilities, schools, libraries and other public agencies....
Published: Thursday, February 24, 2011
`I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY CUSTOMER' FRONTIER HAS NEW WEST VIRGINIA CHIEF
- examining Frontier's role in a $126.3 million broadband expansion project in West Virginia. Frontier received about $40 million in federal stimulus funds to bring high-speed fiber Internet to schools, libraries and other government...
Published: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
BROADBAND EXPANSION EMERGENCIES CHIEF FINED FOR VIDEO AD BY ETHICS PANEL
- a $126.3 million high-speed Internet expansion project that included the towers. In September, the West Virginia Legislative Auditor issued a scathing report about the tower project, citing bidding irregularities, purchasing violations...
Published: Sunday, March 16, 2014
$250M HUNTINGTON PROJECT HITS WALL WITH STATE AGENCY
- recovery zone bonding capacity left over that it could allocate at a future meeting this summer. The bonds must be issued by the end of the year under the federal program. Project applicants have until Aug. 1 to provide documentation...
Published: Friday, May 21, 2010
ETHANE CRACKER IN INSTITUTE? KANAWHA FIRM IS EXPECTED TO ANNOUNCE $300M PROJECT NEXT WEEK
- January, Innova Commercialization Group in Fairmont invested $200,000 in Aither through the West Virginia Capital Access Program, which uses federal stimulus funds to help small businesses. "We're in the process of raising hundreds...
Published: Saturday, March 17, 2012
PERDUE LAND DEAL REDACTED READING MEMOS RAISE QUESTIONS ABOUT PERDUE'S INVOLVEMENT WITH PAULEY
- not the Housing Fund's." The FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office are investigating Perdue's land deal with Pauley. The developer paid Perdue $215,000 for the property in December 2010. Perdue's lawyer, Mike Carey, declined comment last week....
Published: Sunday, December 18, 2011