Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 118 - 127 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
UNION WANTS SAY IN FRONTIER BROADBAND FUND
- have a selfish interest in this." Harris added that the union also would not bring employee contract matters into the PSC's review of Frontier's requests to spend the $60 million. The PSC's Consumer Advocate Division also has asked...
Published: Thursday, February 17, 2011
FEDERAL HOUSING PROJECT INVESTIGATION AIDE’S VOTE HELPED PERDUE-PAULEY DEAL STATE HOUSING AGENCY'S RULES WERE CHANGED AFTER MASON OPPOSED APARTMENT COMPLEX
- had been included in the "requirements for requests" section, according to a Sunday Gazette-Mail review of funding allocation plans from previous years. Such plans - every state's housing financing agency has one - detail the selection...
Published: Sunday, November 13, 2011
EPA OPPOSES WATER, SEWER FUNDING CHANGE
- $35 for 4,000 gallons of water or sewer (or less than 1.5 percent of the median household income in the service area). Most larger cities - including Charleston, Huntington, Parkersburg and Morgantown - charge less than $35 for water...
Published: Tuesday, July 06, 2010
FRONTIER NOT 'PORTING' PROPERLY, CITYNET COMPLAINS
- which is building the broadband network. Frontier officials have dismissed Citynet's criticism as "rhetoric." Frontier executives said Citynet wants the state to build an "open-access middle-mile" broadband network that already exists...
Published: Wednesday, January 19, 2011
FRONTIER EXPANDS INTERNET AT SNOWSHOE STATE BROADBAND COUNCIL GAVE ANOTHER FIRM $700K TO PERFORM SAME SERVICE
- the resort. The wireless-free zone forces Frontier to hard-wire customers' Internet connections at Snowshoe. Customers must connect laptops to routers with Ethernet cables. Wireless devices and gaming systems don't work. "Guests show...
Published: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
STATE WANTS WEATHERIZATION EMPLOYEE'S SALARY CUT CAPITAL RESOURCE AGENCY REFUSES TO COMPLY
- in South Charleston. York said she would present several different scenarios to pay York and possibly comply with the state's directive. "In the end, it may cost us more," Magi York said. The state has alleged that Barry York's hiring...
Published: Tuesday, April 20, 2010
HOUSING FUND VOTE RAISES QUESTIONS
- Mason County ever got funded. Pauley is using the stimulus funds to build the housing project on an 11-acre property that he purchased for $215,000 from state Treasurer John Perdue, who sits on the Housing Fund's board of directors....
Published: Friday, November 18, 2011
MORRISEY AGAIN GOES OUTSIDE ATTORNEY GENERAL SEEKS HELP WITH VW EMISSIONS LAWSUIT
- U.S. Justice Department. VW also announced a separate agreement with 44 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico that will cost at least $600 million. West Virginia didn't sign on to that deal. "The referenced settlement underrepresented...
Published: Tuesday, August 16, 2016
BROADBAND GRANT REDEFINED, CITYNET SAYS STATE OFFICIALS DISAGREE
- Citynet President Jim Martin alleges that state officials have redefined plans for spending $126 million in federal stimulus funds set aside to expand high-speed Internet in West Virginia, in a letter sent to federal officials last...
Published: Sunday, November 21, 2010
JUSTICE ENTERS GOVERNOR'S RACE 'THINGS REALLY HAVE TO CHANGE,' SAYS BILLIONAIRE OWNER OF THE GREENBRIER RESORT
- and forgo another run for governor cleared the way for Justice to enter the race. Manchin, who served as West Virginia governor from 2005 to 2010, and Justice are longtime friends. Justice, a former registered Republican, has made little...
Published: Tuesday, May 12, 2015