Searching the News Library is free. Download articles you want for only $4.95 each.
Documents 141 - 150 of about 1,171 matching the query, best matches first.
KANAWHA PAULEY PROJECT FACES PROTEST
Pauley paid Perdue $215,000 for the land near Point Pleasant. The state Housing Development Fund distributed $3.67 million in federal stimulus funds that Pauley is using to build that 32-unit project - called Milton Place and named
Published: Thursday, March 01, 2012
STATE COUNCIL ASKS FIRMS TO REVEAL PLANS FOR BROADBAND EXPANSION
- single broadband project. Last year, grant program discussions stalled while council members debated the use of $126 million in federal stimulus funds to expand broadband to schools, libraries, state agencies, health-care facilities...
Published: Thursday, May 17, 2012
LOTTERY MAKES TOWER OFFER $7 MILLION SEPARATES STATE, ASKING PRICE FOR NEW HEADQUARTERS
- familiar with the negotiations. The state Department of Administration's Real Estate Division has offered to buy the 13-story building for $15 million. Building owner General Corp. wants $22 million. The Lottery Commission would relocate...
Published: Thursday, February 25, 2010
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY COLLEGES, PARKS, CAPITOL GET $160M BIG CAMPUS WINNERS ARE MARSHALL, WVU'S WHITE HALL AND WVSU'S FLEMING HALL
- issue will pay for $30 million in renovations. The projects include: n $2 million to replace part of the Capitol building's roof, and $600,000 for a new sprinkler system. n $1.5 million to renovate the Culture Center courtyard, and...
Published: Friday, July 16, 2010
STATE RELEASES $3.4M TO FRONTIER FOR BROADBAND
- more time to review how Frontier spent the money last summer and fall. "We appreciate the PSC's clarity in its order [Monday] to release funds that Frontier has devoted to expanding broadband services to West Virginia residents and...
Published: Tuesday, March 15, 2011
ETHICS AGENCY OK'D HIRING OF SON
- he became a state employee." As the $126.3 million project's "grant administrator," Gianato has the final say on the use of the stimulus funds, including hiring and spending decisions. The Ethics Commission issues advisory opinions...
Published: Thursday, September 06, 2012
MATRIC GETS $350K TO STAFF HEALTH AGENCY
- Asked about the nearly $350,000 cost, he said, "It's just what our rates are." Chambers said the WVHIN board would continue to review MATRIC's contract to ensure the state was getting the best deal. The WVHIN board is headed by Dr....
Published: Thursday, June 24, 2010
'TEAR IT DOWN' MASON HOMEOWNERS SAY DEVELOPER NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO BUILD PROJECT ON PERDUE’S LAND
- Pauley is building the project on land formerly owned by State Treasurer John Perdue. In December 2010, the West Virginia Housing Development Fund awarded Pauley a $3.67 million federal stimulus grant to build Milton Place - named after...
Published: Thursday, December 29, 2011
LOTTERY HQ RENOVATION PROJECT DELAYS `CAUSING HARM' AG'S OFFICE WANTS COURT FIGHT ENDED
- In late April, MCS filed a lawsuit against the Lottery Commission and the West Virginia Purchasing Division, seeking to block the state's decision to award the project to Wiseman. The Lottery building renovation will make space for...
Published: Saturday, June 20, 2015
TELEPHONE DEAL UNION: FRONTIER'S FINANCES GET WORSE
- Disaster" - concludes that West Virginia is more at risk than any other state if Verizon and Frontier complete the deal, the union said. The reason: Frontier would have more customers in West Virginia than any state. Also: Verizon has...
Published: Friday, May 07, 2010